federal pardons
Canada Wide Toll-Free: 1 (800) 543-2137
Toronto, ON: (416) 628-1537 | Calgary, AB : (403) 508-9117 | Vancouver, BC: (604) 265-1132

Pardons Canada – How do I know if I have a criminal record?

Pardons Canada - How do I know if I have a criminal record?

When you have been charged with a crime over the age of 18, even if you were found not guilty, or were never convicted, you do have a criminal record. 

If you have been fingerprinted for your offence, a fingerprint number is assigned to your name and date of birth, where it will stay until you take steps to have this record cleared. Even if you were not fingerprinted, if you were charged with an offence under the criminal code you may still require a pardon/record suspension if you were convicted, or file destruction if you were not.

If you’re looking to travel, rent a home, obtain a good job, or anything else that having a criminal record would prevent you from doing, it would be best to be certain about the status of your record. In this case, you could request a criminal record check from your local police department to settle any uncertainty.  


What is a Criminal Record?

A criminal record is, in a sense, a file listing all offences, convictions, discharges and other related information, regardless of court outcome. While many believe that your record will disappear after some time, it is held by the RCMP until you turn 80, though in some circumstances it may be held longer.  


Who Has Access to My Criminal Record?

Though your criminal record isn’t a public document, police, border security officers, judges and other officials can access your record by using your name, fingerprints or any of your other personal information to search their local database. They can also submit your fingerprints to the RCMP to search the national database.  

Businesses can also perform name-based criminal record checks through the RCMP national database. This is common in some industries such as finance, education, healthcare, government, security or anything involving children. 


How Having a Criminal Record Can Affect You  

While any fines, sentences or any other penalties that came with your conviction are behind you and dealt with, your conviction will still affect your life. Even if you have yet to see any negative impact from your criminal record, there are many things you won’t be able to do if you have a criminal record. 

You could be denied entry into other countries, jobs, apartments and more because of your criminal record. 

Rather than allowing your criminal record to negatively affect your life, you could apply for a pardon and move on with your life. 


Pardon/Record Suspension

For those who are looking to be exonerated of previous crimes so they no longer impact their lives, a pardon/record suspension could relieve them of their past mistakes. 

Pardons Canada has been helping Canadians move on from their convictions with pardons/record suspensions. If you have a criminal record and have been prevented from doing certain things, Pardons Canada will gladly help you get your pardon today. Contact us today at 1-800-543-2137 to talk with one of our representatives about applying or any other information about pardons/record suspensions.

Social tagging:
******************************************************************** ******************************************************************** WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT BY GILMEDIA | https://www.gilmedia.ca ONLINE MARKETING AND SEO BY GILMEDIA | https://www.gilmedia.ca ******************************************************************** ********************************************************************
**************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************** Website Design, Development, SEO and PPC by Gilmedia - www.gilmedia.ca **************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************
federal pardons logo

Federal Pardon Waiver Services assists individuals in obtaining a Pardon (Record Suspension) by removing a past criminal offence from public record in Canada. We also help individuals obtain US Entry Waivers adn Arrest Record Purges

Erase Your Criminal Record, Take back Your Life!

HEAD OFFICE: 400-135 Queens Plate Dr., Etobicoke, ON, M9W 6V1

Toll-Free: 1 (800) 543-2137
Toronto, ON: (416) 628-1537 | Calgary, AB : (403) 508-9117 | Vancouver, BC: (604) 265-1132

Copyright © 2020 Federal Pardon Waiver Services, Canada. All Rights Reserved.