federal pardons
Canada Wide Toll-Free: 1 (800) 543-2137
Toronto, ON: (416) 628-1537 | Calgary, AB : (403) 508-9117 | Vancouver, BC: (604) 265-1132

Pardons Canada – How to Apply for a US Entry Waiver

Pardons Canada - How to Apply for a US Entry Waiver

We know that bad things can happen to good people. We also know those good people can sometimes make a bad decision. A criminal record can lead to missed opportunities, particularly when it comes to travelling. When a permanent resident of Canada wishes to enter the United States, they will need to provide certain documentation upon attempting to cross the border. Usually, your passport and a valid visa will suffice. However, if you have a Canadian criminal record, you will also need a US Entry Waiver. This entry waiver is issued by DHS (Department of Homeland Security), ensuring that you are allowed entry into the United States.


Clear Your Name Today

1 (800) 543-2137


Do You Need A Us Entry Waiver?

If you were ever denied entry into the US, you will need an entry waiver. You will also need to apply for an entry waiver in advance so that it is ready before you make your travel plans and reservations. If you answer yes to any of the following points, you need a US Entry Waiver:

  • Have a criminal record in Canada or the United States (or both)
  • Worked illegally in the United States
  • Deported at least once from the US
  • Caught in possession of narcotics, false documents, or any contraband when attempting to cross the border

Attempting to cross the USA border without an entry waiver or the proper documentation is not only risky, but it can also prove expensive since you can lose the money you spent on securing your accommodation, a rental vehicle and other plans. In addition, not only are you putting yourself at risk, but you are also putting any travel companions at risk; since they could be charged with harbouring an illegal. It does not even matter whether or not they knew you had a criminal record. This, in turn, can affect their future too.

If you are still unclear as to whether or not you need a US Entry Waiver, click on the following: Quick Guide for US Entry Waivers

Necessary Application Forms

Applying for a US entry waiver is not necessarily a quick process. This is why we recommend that all applicants apply well enough in advance and before making any reservations. A number of specific documents will be required and, in some cases, you might need to supply additional documentation. Some of the forms that you will need to complete include a travel waiver application and an I-192 form.

In addition, when a professional applies on your behalf for an entry waiver, documents like a G-28 form and G-325A form will need to be completed. Moreover, a fingerprint chart will also need to be completed upon submission of your application. This bit must be done as per the set instructions. Other necessary documents include a letter from your employer stating your occupation, length of employment, and the reason for travel (if your trip is business-related). If you are self-employed, however, you will need to provide a copy of your most recent tax return. Three reference letters from non-relatives and copies of documents like your passport or driver’s license are also usually required as proof of identity.

For those with a Canadian criminal record, you will need a copy of the police record which you can obtain from the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Even if you have received a pardon, you will still need an entry waiver when travelling to the United States.

Travelling To Canada?

Likewise, a US citizen that holds a criminal record will also be denied entry into Canada If you, or someone you know, wants to travel to Canada, you can apply for Criminal RehabilitationDon’t let your past mistakes hold you back from exploring the Great White North!


Get Expert Help

Understanding and executing this information may seem daunting for some individuals. Keep in mind, there is hardly any room for error. This is why you may consider consulting experts prior to forming and submitting the US Entry Waiver application. In fact, why not let the professionals complete this task for you? For expert assistance call Federal Pardon Waiver Services at 1 (800) 543-2137 today! We can even help remove your Criminal Record through our Pardon Services. Just ask us how!



Cross The US Border With Ease

1 (800) 543-2137



Full Legal Name

Primary Phone

Email Address


Social tagging:
******************************************************************** ******************************************************************** WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT BY GILMEDIA | https://www.gilmedia.ca ONLINE MARKETING AND SEO BY GILMEDIA | https://www.gilmedia.ca ******************************************************************** ********************************************************************
**************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************** Website Design, Development, SEO and PPC by Gilmedia - www.gilmedia.ca **************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************
federal pardons logo

Federal Pardon Waiver Services assists individuals in obtaining a Pardon (Record Suspension) by removing a past criminal offence from public record in Canada. We also help individuals obtain US Entry Waivers adn Arrest Record Purges

Erase Your Criminal Record, Take back Your Life!

HEAD OFFICE: 400-135 Queens Plate Dr., Etobicoke, ON, M9W 6V1

Toll-Free: 1 (800) 543-2137
Toronto, ON: (416) 628-1537 | Calgary, AB : (403) 508-9117 | Vancouver, BC: (604) 265-1132

Copyright © 2020 Federal Pardon Waiver Services, Canada. All Rights Reserved.